Thursday, March 29, 2007

Ballads

While checking on my bloglines feeds I found this post which asks…

So, here's this week's question: What oft-maligned ballad will you never stop defending?

They offer a few suggestions, which I immediately remembered.

Here are mine…

Little River Band’s “Reminicing”: 1978. Get past the bowl haircut and fly glasses and enjoy the groove.


Kim Carnes’ “Betty Davis Eyes”. It is 3:40 of pure gravelly voice heaven.

Bobby Caldwell’s “What you Won’t Do for Love” . What better way to start a video then to have the album cover come to ‘life’… amazing eh?


And for the best of all…

Culture Club’s “Do you Really Want to Hurt Me”. ‘nuff said..


I will take you to the mat over this one…

Heatwave’s “Always and Forever”


…and the song my wife and I used for our wedding…

Taylor Dane’s “I’ll Always love you”. She was smokin’ hot back in the day… I am a huge fan (pun intended) of BIG HAIR… and this is it man!


NOW WHAT ARE YOURS?

1 comment:

MLasch said...

O.K. Rick, you have been off long enough. Do I need to write a new post for you? March 29th!?! That was forever ago in blogyears. Come on, I know a TON has happened since then and I want to hear your feelings about all of this. Especially since you have been asking for prayer every time I see you, I want to know results!