Saturday, January 26, 2008

THIS JUST IN....

Global warming levels are increasing and all of California is urged to reduce individual carbon footprints by reducing the use of fossil fuels.


In other news....

Winter Storm warning....
From the National Weather Service:
IN CALIFORNIA SNOW WILL SPREAD ACROSS THE MOUNTAINS IN THE SAN BERNARDINO AREA WITH A MIX OF SNOW AND RAIN INITIALLY BETWEEN 5000 AND 6000 FEET. STRONG SOUTH WINDS SHOULDPUSH THE SNOW LEVEL TO 7000 FEET BY SUNDAY MORNING. BY SUNDAY EVENING THE SNOW LEVELS WILL LOWER BACK TO 5000 FEET OR LOWER BEHIND THE COLD FRONT. HEAVY SNOW SHOWERS IN THE COLD UNSTABLE AIRMASS WILL CONTINUE INTO SUNDAY NIGHT.

If this warming trend keeps up I am going to have to buy a jacket!

Don't take my word for it!

http://www.cbs2.com/video/?id=58198@kcbs.dayport.com

Seriously though - did you see those mountains that bracket our area... I have never seen so much snow - so beautiful. Too bad that with all the global warming it won't stay around... Yeah, right!

1 comment:

Jamie Stavenger said...

Oh my gosh...I'm so jealous of you "yellow area" folk. It's quite BLUE up here at a FRIGID -40 below 0. Blech. I'm such a displaced CA girl.