Friday, April 25, 2008

My family is out of town...


...and I am melancholy...


So instead of being a gloomy Eeyore about it I have decided to distract myself. Even though I miss my beautiful wife and wonderful chillin's - I must endure. I am not cut out for the bachelor life - it has been 23 years that I have been with Dawn - so excuse me if I whine a little.


Last night my best bud Mike & I went on a shopping spree - for DVDs!


I found a Hollywood Video gift card my brother's family gave me for Christmas last year and there was no turning back. Granted the selection at Hollywood Video pales in comparison to Blockbuster (sorry Tim) but I wasn't about to let that stop me.


New in the collection:


School of Rock

Mr. Megoriums Wonder Emporium

Enchanted

Mr. Beans Holiday

Fantastic 4 - the rise of the silver surfer

National Treasure


Yeah, they are older movies - but they are fun. Mike even bought himself a couple, The Wickerman and The Bourne Ultimatum.


We decided to watch the Bourne Ultimatum last night - what a way to occupy your time. I just love the Bourne movies - I have seen them all now and I love the action. Jason Bourne could very well beat Jack Bauer in a fight (sorry Bobby, Jamie & a host of other JB fans) - but it is true. Jason Bourne is a truly bad-a**.


So much for the first night without the family - now for the other two... any suggestions?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor Rick,
I want to watch a couple of those movies.

Tomorrow if you are bored and lonely you can totally come over and help Darrenn with Emma party prep. :)

bobby said...

You could drive to Santa Cruz. ;)

scmusicals said...

Bourne is a lot cuter too. =P