Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Dolly Night! CORRECTION!!

UPDATE: Looks like the EW.com folks blew their story... Check out thier retraction/update here . I may have gotten the songs wrong - but let's face it - based on the web chatter.. either Jason Castro or Ramiele are gonna get the axe tonight (and it couldn't come any sooner)... of course, then there is Kristy... sure, she's good, but these three pale in comparison to the stronger team.

The best comment so far... "Jason Castro sang, 'I'm just mumblin' mumblin' mumblin through'"

check out EW directly for their thoughts...

Sorry for misleading ya.
------------------------------------------------------------


Tonight on American Idol the contestant sing Dolly Parton songs.





... and wouldn't you know it... Jason Castro, the contestant I have been hoping would leave every week is going to sing, "I will always love you".... YUCK.. puke, gag, spit, spit... how awful... Couldn't he at least pick a MANLY song... he makes me sick! I sure hope this week he gets voted off.... puke... barf...





The rest of the line up is supposedly:


David Cook: "You know I love you" (hmmmm.... a rock verson...)


Kristy Lee Cook: "Two Doors Down" (this should be entertaining)


Michael Johns: "Islands in the stream" (only slightly less annoying than Jason Casto - he could leave too - wait... this is a duet?)


Carly Smithson: "Jolene" (awesome song choice!)


David Archuleta: "Travelin Thru" (good song choice - with is penchant for forgetting lyrics, this one should help him out)


Ramiele Malubay: "9 to 5" (how is she going to pull that one off?)


Brook White: "Coat of many colors" (could you be more predictable...)


Syesha Mercado: "Eagle When she Flies" (interesting, doesn't sound like a Whitney song...)





Well, we will see how well each one does... In case you haven't figured it out - my top two favorites are (in no particular order):





Carly Smithson


David Cook





How about you?

Oh, my favorite Dolly song.... **WARNING** THIS IS A PG VIDEO



HT: EW.com

5 comments:

Lori said...

I LOVE Mindy Smith's version of Jolene. Can't wait to hear Carly sing it tonight. Jason Castro... ha ha you made me crack up. Yeah he's really creepy.

Anonymous said...

Looks like you got them all wrong. Imagine that, you actually believed something you read on the internet. Not wise friend.

Lori said...

Still loving David Cook. Didn't like him so much at first, but he is continuing to impress me.

Rick Bambrick said...

YEP - fooled by the news. Entertainment weekly was my source for the info - who said it was reliable. Imagine that, fooled by the media... Decieved by the media... hmm... makes me glad that I don't watch network news anymore!

By the way - how about you 'man up' and put your name on the anonymous comment.

Unknown said...

Okay...I take offense to your Jason Castro comments. I've been a fan since day one. He's got a very cool, laid back vibe. He makes me smile and relaxes me...and really, I don't think anyone could have any better quality than that for me right now.