Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Sushi party and softshell crab

Our friends, the Nixon family, had a sushi party at their house and the kids that were there kept playing around with the 'interesting' salads that our host had purchased for the evening.

One of the salads was a softshell crab salad. Which was basically dead crabs (small ones) in a chili glaze. Nevertheless, the challenge for the night was to eat this stuff. Only two of the dads attempted it. (Neither of which was me - are you kidding) After the face made by one of the dad's, no one else was going to eat one.

As the evening progressed, Tara, our hosts daughter kept playing around with the crabs - so her dad (one of the dads who ate a crab) offered her a couple of dollars to eat one. Well, after all the dads coughed up some cash - there was a stack of $18 in front of her and - yes, being the brave soul she decided to eat one!

Here is a video of the event as it transpired. Enjoy -



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't think I would have done it for $18.

bobby said...

Geez. I must be poor. I probably would have done it for half that!

Lynnae Hoff said...

That's awesome.. good for her, I wouldn't have done it. I can't wait to see the blog about Ashleys ravin' party at the hotel :) I know it got WILD.....

Love,
Lynnae