Saturday, August 18, 2007

18 Years ago



Eighteen years ago today, August 19, 1989, I was married to my beautiful bride who was known at the time as Dawn Elaine Alexander. From that moment on, we have celebrated 18 years of life together as "one".


Dawn and I have been together since 1985 when I met her while checking out VHS movies at the Wherehouse records. Who would have known that 4 years later we would become Husband & Wife and 3 years after that, Dad & Mom - and again 3 years after that.


The last 22 years of my life, spent with Dawn have been the BEST time of my life. God is so amazing in how He works things out so that two people can meet, become friends, fall in love, become stronger friends, get married, become parents and fall more in love.


Thank you Jesus, for placing Dawn in my life.


"I love you Dawn"

9 comments:

Lynnae Hoff said...

What kind of VHS movies?? I noticed you didn't mention names... hmm.. ;) You are a beautiful couple and a great example for Chris and I. I love you both. What a cute couple. :) Lynnae P.S. you have a good wife, you lucked out.... but so did she~

mrsuribe said...

Happy Anniversary Rick and Dawn! You two are an amazing couple. Thank you for letting Rene and I be a part of your lives!

Love,
Jenny

bobby said...

VHS?? What is that? Are they like eight tracks? Well, I was only six that year, so maybe...ah, nevermind. ;)

Congrats on 18 years! Hope the next 18 are even better!

MLasch said...

Happy Anniversary! I wish I would have known earlier! I would have said something!!!!

Norma said...

Awwww! Rick how lucky dawn is to have a husband who remember's where and especially what year they met their wife. Wow you go Boy!
Congrats on your 18th wedding Anniversary.
Norma

Rick Bambrick said...

Thank you all very much for the kind words. I am a very lucky man to have such a wonderful wife and great friends.

Lynnae, the VHS movies were for a friends bachelor party - EOD.

Bobby, VHS, we used those to hold up our ALBUMS (they are kinda like CDs only much larger and are played on a turntable - oh, and they are made of vinyl).

Norma, I even remeber the date we got engaged, the date I asked her to be my "girlfriend", where we went on our first date, second date (disneyland !) etc.. Of course, I can't remember who called yesterday, or what I had for dinner - or what it was Dawn asked me to pick up at the store... but those things aren't as important in my world.

Seriously though, thank you all for your nice wishes.

Anonymous said...

Love you daddy!!Happy Anniversary!!!

Lori said...

You two met the same year that Michelle and Tim did. Weird... Congratulations love birds. Hope you have MANY more happy anniversaries.

Anonymous said...

you've been together since '85 and i was born in '84....crazy...