Sunday, August 20, 2006

Our anniversary

Well Dawn and I celebrated 17 years of marriage this weekend (8/19) and decided to go for a quick weekender camping at Soledad Canyon in Acton, California. We are Thousand Trails members and so we don't have to worry about making reservations or paying for the weekend - so we thought we would give the 'preserve' that boasts having the worlds largest swimming pool, a shot. Well the pool is no longer the worlds largest - yet I have been told it is still the largest in the US.

Nevertheless, we won't be staying at this place EVER again - nor would we recommend it - in fact we would steer anyone interested away from it - - you see the Metrolink runs right along side the campsite and it runs all night long - imagine on the eve of my 17th year anniversary being jolted awake at 1:30, 3:45, 4:30 and 6 am by the BLAST from the air horn on the metrolink train... yeeeeesh!


I would include pictures but this stinkin blog program won't let me upload. Any way, we cut our trip short and I came back in time to get to church and pull the trailer back to its sleeping place.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

HI Dad,
I still can not belive anyone would stay there! Thankfully i only woke up and 1:30 and 4:30.
Buti still hope you hade a great anniversary Mom and Dad.Love you!

Anonymous said...

Rick,

Since I know you and Dawn I continue to wonder how you guys ended up with such a sweet, sweet daughter. She must take after her maternal aunt...

Rick Bambrick said...

yeah... right....