Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Hurricanes and America

As I watched the news last night and as I read blogs about Gustav, Hanna, Ike and Josephine - I can't help but wonder why everyone seems so relieved when the hurricane is downgraded due to having hit land outside of the US.

There are people in the Gulf of Mexico, Cuba, Carribean Islands, Haiti and Africa that are far less capable of dealing with the destructive forces of the hurricanes and tropical storms than we in the US.... Shouldn't we feel worse? Shouldn't we 'take one for the world'?

Watch this and tell me what you think?


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

thank God it hit down south.... my gardner is already in the states! (i can say that, im mexican), i dont like crab so im okay with that. i am glad that there is such a thing as bikini season... oh and thankfully that astros can still play in their stadium.... and still get their butts kicked!

Lori said...

I was just thinking about that yesterday. It's so sad what's happening in Haiti.