Tuesday, August 19, 2008

19 YEARS!

Richard Bambrick, III & Dawn Elaine Alexander

Our Engagement photo.


It was 19 years ago today that I married the most wonderful woman I have ever known.

Dawn Elaine Alexander – she stole my heart while I was renting videos (VHS) from the Wherehouse Records in 1985. Little did I know that a casual note left on the window of her car would create such a whirlwind of life that in 4 years on August 19, 1989, would be consummated by an exchange of vows in front of God, our friends and family.


The best part is that 3 years after that our son Garhett would be born, then 3 years after that our daughter Ashley.


During our marriage we learned to truly love each other with God at the center of our marriage. For that reason, on August 19, 1999 Dawn & I renewed our vows in front of God & our family in a small, very intimate, very personal ceremony at Christ Community Church in Buena Park.


Even though our wedding ceremony in 1989 was a beautiful, memorable event filled with lots of family and friends at the Crystal Cathedral in Garden Grove; this renewal ceremony with OUR Pastor in OUR church was much more meaningful.




Thank you Dawn for blessing me with these 19 years of wonderful wedded-ness and thank you God for grabbing a-hold of me and when I reached out and for being the main cord in our marriage.


Ecclesiastes 4:7-12 7

Again I saw something meaningless under the sun:

8 There was a man all alone;
he had neither son nor brother.
There was no end to his toil,
yet his eyes were not content with his wealth.
"For whom am I toiling," he asked,
"and why am I depriving myself of enjoyment?"
This too is meaningless—
a miserable business!


9 Two are better than one,
because they have a good return for their work:


10 If one falls down,
his friend can help him up.
But pity the man who falls
and has no one to help him up!


11 Also, if two lie down together, they will keep warm.
But how can one keep warm alone?


12 Though one may be overpowered,
two can defend themselves.
A cord of three strands is not quickly broken.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for such a loving post. I love you too and am so happy and thankful for you, for our marriage, our kids, our life together and most of all that we all have a love for and trust in Jesus. I was just praying this morning and thanking God for all of the above and we were talking about the fact that we (Rick and Dawn), not only are still together, but are still so much in love, and how that it is truly a miracle and is definitely an act of God. Thank you Lord for loving Rick and me and caring about our marriage. We couldn't have done it without you.

I love you, Rick.

Dawn

MLasch said...

See, here I was going around telling everyone it wouldn't last... guess I was wrong (but this will be the LAST time!)

Congratulations!

Lori said...

Congratulations! I had some cool hair like Dawn's back in the day too (although it wasn't nearly as feathered - that was hot). I heard Jack-in-the-Box will give you a free chocolate cake on your anniversary :)

Jamie Stavenger said...

...and you've kept the 'stache. Way to commit, Rick. Way to commit. :)

Rachel said...

I tried to post yesterday but my computer was acting up and wouldn't let me...imagine that.

So happy anniversary! (A day late.)

Anonymous said...

Awesome pictures!!! Hey you guys, thanks for being such great friends and examples in this whole journey thing. God bless you and I hope we're all blessed to see 20+ more together. C-ya....