Sunday, May 18, 2008

HURRAH! REVOLUTION IS BACK!!


This post is in celebration of what an AWESOME and POWERFUL Lord I serve.

God is faithful, loving, kind and keeps his promises. Today at Revolution Church was evidence of just that very God that He is...

I don't know about the rest of you who were at today's celebration service - but I really sensed God's spirit moving in the body of believers. From the very beginning of service with the celebration of reconciliation to the 'spot on' delivery of the Word to the POWERFUL worship lead by Elijah and guest musician Todd Proctor. God was moving.

For the first time in 3 months I felt the "Revolution" again. Like the phoenix rising from the ashes I could sense God's sprit stirring in my heart and I could see Him moving upon the body of believers. As I looked around during worship - admiring the group of fellow believers, the core of Revolution - I was moved. Moved that all these believers, in coroporate community - celebrating the risen Lord.

Revolution is, at it's very core, a loving and caring church that is outward focused and cares for everyone, no matter where you are on your journey with Jesus. Revolution is in the process of restarting what has been missing for so long - we are hearing stronger presentations of the Word, we are going to start serving our community again, start re-connecting with our neighborhoods! Won't it be great to start handing out water bottles at community events again? How about joining in community events, just to serve the local area surrounding the church? Having everyone around the community of Long Beach again start referring to Revolution as the Church where Jesus is.
Jesus himself said, "You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind. This is the great and foremost commandment. The second is like it, You shall love your neighbor as yourself. On these two commandments depend the whole Law and the Prophets. Matthew 22:37-40. (emphasis mine)

For those of you have not given up; Those of you who refused to give the Devil a foothold in His church; Those who refused to do nothing and allow evil to infuse itself into a 'good work'; I say Thank you.

Not that I have authority to say thank you, other than to say that those who stayed with the church to hold hands spiritually during the past few months of crisis; those who joined many of us who have been on our knees praying for God to guide us; those who joined in corporate worship singing praises to the God that is bigger than any of our little concerns - you have done these things just as Jesus commanded. And for that you will be rewarded; you have 'loved your neighbor as yourself'.

Yeah, there is still some healing that needs to take place. There is room for improvement. It isn't perfect, but really only One Man was perfect and even His first group of leaders had problems...

But of all the places I can call my church home - I can't say I would rather be anywhere else then with this group of fellow believers.
I am proud to say I am a part of:

A movement of the Heart!

By the way, there was an empty seat in my row... You can come and join us on Sunday, consider this a personal invitation.

3 comments:

Lynnae Hoff said...

that seat was supposed to be for me, but I wasn't invited to sit with you guys .... ;)
I heard Dawn was looking for me LOL. I was hiding on the left in the last row. Not on purpose

Rick Bambrick said...

I know - - ya loner... wazzup with that? Next time, no choice. WE WILL FIND YOU. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.

Rick Bambrick said...

I know - - ya loner... wazzup with that? Next time, no choice. WE WILL FIND YOU. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.