Friday, September 14, 2007

My first

My first car...

....1974 Plymouth 340 'Duster.... Balanced and Blueprinted -V8, 4 barrell, 325hp, 3.23:1 rear end, torqueflite tranny, limited slip differential, 4 speed automatic, front disc brakes, 0 to 60 in 5.5 seconds, 1/4 mile split was 14.5 @ 95 mph. Top speed 120mph (which I did quite frequently, over the Vincent Thomas Bridge)... Gosh, I miss those days... of course, gas was only $1.20/gal. (1980).

The car lost it's life in 1984 when I T-boned a toyota on Crenshaw Boulevard in Torrance. The idiot turned left right in front of me and I couldn't brake quick enough and slammed into the tin can going 45mph. My car was scavenged for parts...


(a representative photo as there are no pictures of my car. I was very surprised to find this photo as it is nearly an exact match to my car - I blacked out the bumpers so the car would not reflect any light at night!)

No comments: