Friday, January 05, 2007

Internet connection and the "Q"

Tomorrow Chris Hoff and Lynnae Cavender will be married. Wow! So, we packed up our 5th wheel and headed out to Apple Valley today. I took two hours off work and zipped down the 15 freeway, parked in their driveway, fired up my laptop, hooked up a 2nd monitor, jacked in my Q and BAM... instant broadband connection to the web.

I was back to work and surfing the web in an instant! This phone is the best electronic investment I have made in a LONG time!

Verizon has this 'additional' fee they want to charge to sell you a 'special connection' cable (it is a stinkin' USB cable) and then charge an additional $50 a month to connect. Well, thanks to the internet saavy contacts I have and the surplus of USB cables in my garage - for a one time charge of $30 (for the connection software) - I use my 'unlimited web' access and piggyback on that to connect my laptop! It is a gem! Faster than DSL!

Now I can be anywhere (anywhere there is cell service) and work! Nice.. time to fire up the ol' dodge, hook up the 5th wheel and get back to cruising the countryside!

No comments: