Friday, April 10, 2009

And I thought being independently wealthy was a good thing...

If you thought the American Dream meant owning your own home, running your own business or being independently wealthy - you better think again. That can't possibly happen under the current government structure.

After paying my taxes this year and seeing the cuts that are going to affect my business next year, as well as the reductions in credits for my status as a "family" I am left with no other options. In reality I can earn more money if I closed my business and applied for welfare, filed bankruptcy and let the bank foreclose on my house - at least then I would get back a big chunk of the taxes I paid over the last 15 years back...

Oh, but wait - I am responsible, intelligent and able bodied - oh and an obedient follower of Jesus - that means I can't do that. I have to do what is right and be a good steward of the gifts that have been given to me. Imagine if more people did that...

Want your head to explode... watch this:

No comments: