Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Stay out of the Shack...

Mark Driscoll is probably the best Pastor on the planet right now - here is what he says about this book that many, many christians are reading.



Chuck Colson chimed in on it - check it out here.

I must post a disclaimer - I haven't read the book - don't want to read the book - and if I want to understand the trinity or have a closer relationship with the Lord - I would and do read the Bible. The issue I have is that many Christians today (albeit - nominal) take this type of literature as 'scriptural' and take the parallels indicated in the book as gospel truths instead of just reading it for fun. It is a christian allegory and not biblical fact.

If you want truth - read the Bible - not a novel.

**UPDATE: 2/6/09: I am reading the book - and let's just say, my opinion is NOT changing so far!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Peace be with you

Rachel said...

Just my two cents - read the book, enjoyed it for what it was. Saw this video and I think Driscoll takes it way too far. I don't think the book is really threatening many people's sound theology and I think Driscoll's time and energy should be spent on something more productive!

bobby said...

Dude, that's right! Why would we need a book like The Shack to understand God. That's what we have the Left Behind series for.

Now I gotta go do my daily devotion. I'm in book 5 again.

Rick Bambrick said...

Bobby - you crack me up!

You should watch the movies - they are so much better!

bobby said...

Sorry. Can't watch em.
Saw the first one and had to swear off watching Kirk Cameron after that. The bad acting made me that much worse as an artist.