Wednesday, November 05, 2008

VICTORY!!!


Victory for the people of this great state. Victory against judicial misconduct. Victory for families and traditional values.
You won't see the main stream media covering this very much - This is a victory over that group as well.
The media last night kept referring to Prop 8 by the incorrectly re-named title, "Initiative to end gay marriage" - which really bugged me...
But when 5,220,694 people say they voted to "protect traditional marriage" I guess it really doesn't matter what you call it.
So, my guy didn't win the presidential bid - and we are going further in debt as a state with new high speed rail lines, and food costs are going to rise - but Prop 8 passed!
Here is how all the propositions came out: http://vote.sos.ca.gov/props/index.html

2 comments:

http://alberico.net said...

Yeah good outcome on this one. It'll get tied up in courts and I suppose in 4 years we'll have to vote on it again.

Jessica Martiele said...

You know, I can't tell you how blessed we feel that this went through. I only wish that people understood the significance of this passing. It means that there are still more righteous, God-fearing souls in CA than self-serving souls, and I am so incredibly grateful to see others standing up for what is right, as well. I also voted for McCain (surprise), and against the bullet train...but the only other prop that really mattered to me didn't pass and should have: the mandatory parental notification of minors seeking abortions. We care about what kind of "families" kids go to...why don't we care equally as much about the existence of God's children?

Anyway, thank you...this was a victory indeed, and it's wonderful to hear it stated as such. God bless!