Monday, December 10, 2007

Day ...I don't really know...

It appears as though I have lost track of time. I know we started this trek on December 1st fro LAX... but now it is 12.10.07 and I track 11 days of doing things? I guess I really am on a vacation for the first time... I have lost track of time. I honestly don't even know what day it is .... and I don't care...

All I know is that I have to be at Liberty Tree Tavern at 12:20 today for lunch and then swim all afternoon... then go back to the Magic Kingdom to see Spectro Magic. oh well.. so much for that..

Anyway... we arrived at Disney's flag ship hotel, the Grand Floridian today and after waiting a while for our rooms went over to Epcot to spend the afternoon and then have dinner and meet the travel agent for our special Dessert and Illuminations...

OH MY GOSH... This is amazing - We were given VIP passes and lead to a private terrace where we were treated to a spread of desserts and drinks (coffee, tea, hot cocoa, punch, etc..) and private seating just for the travel agent and her friends. Front row seating for the illuminations fireworks show - which was amazing, with laser lighting, special effects, oh, it was beautiful. After the show (by this time the park was closed) we were lead to a "special event". The entire group (140 people) were lead back stage, behind epcot to the rear entrance of "soaring" it is the Florida version of Soaring over California - it is basically the same ride - for a private ride! We felt so special to get to see the "backside of Disney" (that sounds weird). We are literally feeling like royalty on this trip!

What a night to remember!

No comments: