Wednesday, October 24, 2007

A long, long time ago...

Yeah, it has been a long time since my last post. I have been very busy - too busy lately - I am going to have to make some changes.

Well, here is what I have been working on for the past few weeks. Well, it is kind of a long story - every year I make (yes, I said make) the halloween costumes for my family - it's just something I do... usually they are really easy, 3 musketeers, cowboys, elvin creatures, snow princesses, fairies, anime characters, pirates, etc.. but this year, my daughter and her friend Chandler decided they wanted to be Bellhops from the Disneyland California Adventure, Hollywood Tower of Terror.

My daughter - being so proud of her dad's abilities spoke up and said, to her friends, sure, my dad can make them. Yeah, right... remember, I said usually they are easy - not this time.

Well I embarked on some recon and took these photos of the bellhops attire.








And after a little creativity - some hot glue (my favorite sewing item) and some straight stitching on the sewing machine... here is what I ended up with - not to shabby eh? I created my own pattern for the top and modified a pattern for an English Gentlemans walking coat (don't ask.. that is what the pattern is for...).

And this year I didn't use any duct tape! I am kinda bummed about that.

See you all at Bug-a-boo!

4 comments:

Norma said...

Wow Rick your a man with alot of hidden talent. You go boy! Now can you make me a Carmen Maranda costume? Ha Just kidding.

MLasch said...

These are UNBELIEVABLE!!! Thanks soooo much!

Jeannie said...

There's still hope, maybe you can use duct tape on Dylan's costume! You are so amazingly talented!!

Lori said...

I saw Chandler's last night - AMAZING! What a great costume!