Saturday, January 24, 2009

A fun day topped off by a yummy dessert...by Dawn Bambrick


Let me begin by saying - nobody faint. Yes, it's me, Dawn, actually posting on a blog - shocker I know, but I've been inspired by a divine and beautiful dessert.

My girlfriend Teresa, brought over her daughter Tara today to play with Ashley. Well Teresa and I ended up having a cup of tea and chatting. Before long, we were having lunch and playing a new game that Lynnae and Chris taught us - Farkle. The girls joined us for a rousing round of the dice game and two more addicts have been added to the Farkle club.

After Teresa left, the girls spent hours playing with the Easy Bake oven. (BTW - I mentioned to them that they are old enough to use the real oven). They were so cute -13 years old and having a blast with the Easy Bake Oven. Unfortunately, all the Easy Bake mixes were seriously dated and the flavor proved that there is a shelf life to Easy Bake oven food and apparently Ashley's has exceeded that date. Yuck! So, then they decided to make my Grandma's top secret chocolate pie, sans the crust, essentially making chocolate pudding. (For Christmas, Ashley got me martini glasses for presenting pretty desserts, but as of yet I haven't had the opportunity to use them.)I broke out the martini glasses and the girls went to work. I made homemade whipped cream for them. The girls layered whipped cream, bananas, and chocolate pudding, then drizzled chocolate sauce on the top. The finished product was soooooooooooo good!!!!!It was both beautiful and yummy.

It was good for my heart to have the girls (who have been friends since pre-school)actually play together, instead of spending hours watching tv or playing video games. It reminded of when they were little - very cool.

No comments: