Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Today is my 46th (or 45th) birthday.

I woke this morning to my beautiful daughter singing happy birthday to me – showering me with kisses and hugs and an infinite number of “Happy Birthday’s”. She tells me that she will say it 46 times to me today – one for each year of my life. Isn’t she adorable!

I find that most people choose to do an introspective look at their lives on their birthday only to find themselves saddened by the fact they are older, haven’t accomplished their goals, have had their souls ravaged, etc.. Well sorry.

Not me.
I am not a gloomy Eeyore!

I find myself in an endless summer season – I find my life filled with great friends, a loving family. Best of all I have a living, breathing, vibrant relationship with our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. I choose to be happy.

With all this joy in my life, how could I feel anything other than completely blessed. Yes, I have had tribulation – haven’t we all – but with a loving Lord, a loving wife, loving kids and loving friends, I honestly can’t recall the bad stuff.

Age is just a number people – you are only as old (or young) as you feel!

These people share this day as their birthday:
Vanessa Williams, Bonnie Blair, Irene Cara, Queen Latifa, Dane Cook, Brandon Lee, Mary Tudor, Grover Cleveland, Charlie Pride & Adam Levine.

Here are 46 things that make me happy!
1. Jesus loves you
2. Jesus loves me
3. I married the BEST woman
4. My wife loves me
5. 30 day challenges (wink, wink, nudge, nudge, say no more…)
6. My son & daughter love me
7. The friends that love me
8. My daughter calls me “Daddoo”
9. My son still thinks I am OK, even though he is 15
10. My brother and his family know Jesus and come to church
11. I have a job
12. I can see
13. I can hear
14. I can talk
15. I can walk
16. Music
17. I took a huge breath this morning (I have asthma)
18. It is sunny again!
19. Yesterday I celebrated my Irish heritage
20. Humor
21. Electricity
22. I had 8 hours of sleep last night
23. Hugging my wife
24. Reading scripture
25. I listened to some uplifting music today
26. I attend the BEST church
27. I held Emma on Sunday and she fell asleep in my arms
28. Arizona Green Tea – Ice COLD
29. I don’t have to cut my front lawn and it is always green
30. Spring starts in 2 days
31. Movies
32. DVD players
33. Screenwriters (they read the books, so I don’t have to)
34. The internet (a mixed blessing)
35. Digital scrapbooks
36. Cellphones with internet access
37. Disneyland and an annual pass
38. Musicals
39. Forks – something I am always thanking God for…
40. Sunglasses (in CA we need them a lot!)
41. Funny Birthday Cards
42. The Tax prep forms are completed!
43. I have steady clients for my business
44. The real estate market is turning around
45. My soft pillow and my warm bed
46. Sarcasm

14 comments:

mrsuribe said...

Happy birthday Rick!!!

You make us happy!

Love,
The Uribe Family

Lori said...

Happy birthday to YOU :) Have fun at the Melting Pot! Mmmmmmmm

Will said...

happy bday dude. seriously, I thought we the same age. i had no clue! have a good one!

Lynnae Hoff said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY RICK! You are an amazing man. Thank you for being a great friend to Chris and I, thank you for being a great uncle to Alexa and Brielyn. You and Dawn are a great example to Chris and I and we love hanging out with you guys. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, WE LOVE YOU!!!!

Anonymous said...

Still haven't figured out your age after all of these years? I can remember this discussion back to the late 70's! Hope you had a great day RC.

Rick Bambrick said...

RC... who is that? hmmmm....

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Rick! :)

Anonymous said...

As my daughter would say "back in the day" you were aka RC while living in Lakewood.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to one of our favorite people!

I love your list, especially since Emma was on it.
-Jenny

Rick Bambrick said...

Shirley you have got to be kidding me! wink-wink!

Anonymous said...

Shirley would be "my" mom! I'm so happy you are doing so well and enjoying everything life has to give. HBV

Rick Bambrick said...

Wow! Shoot me an email! Shouldn't your initials be HBK?

Anonymous said...

Not a "blogger" so I'm clueless on how to obtain your email. The "K" wasn't a happy ending after all!

Anonymous said...

forgot to mail your card Happy Brithday
Fred&Charlene