Tuesday, June 19, 2007

**WARNING** potentially offensive posting.

I KNOW I shouldn't post this... but I can't help it. If you are a kid - don't read this post - just pass it up and go along your innocent ways...

I should preface this by saying that I am a proud Mexican/Irish American and I am not offended by much - if you are of Mexican heritage you should find this hilarious, um, unless of course you find it too close to home... well, watch the video then read on....



When I was a teen and used to go out dancing ALOT we used to make fun of the Cholo's and how they danced. As a young adult I still made fun of the Cholo's and their ridiculous elbow dance. I always called it leaning like a Cholo... Now there is a song that makes the Dodger jersy, MJ wearing homies famous. Sorry if this is offensive - but it is so funny!

Now, there is a radio station that took it to the next level and put out this one... I LAUGH OUT LOUD every time I hear it! This is the kind of humor that a Latino like myself can really enjoy! If you find it offensive, then too bad - or as the Cholo/Chola's say, cayate la boca. hehehe!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

HaHaHa! Whoo! Okay now that I can see after LOL eye's filled with tearful laughter and my neighbors thinking I finally lost it, I want to thank you Rick for reminding me how thankful I am that I never got into that "Chola Era".
Funny I till have a sister-in-law that still dances with that lean and a brush in her right hand. Ha! Oh wait my hubby dances like that from time to time. Oh here comes those tears of laughter again. Gotta go!
Norma

Rick Bambrick said...

Norma,

I can't stop laughing... my brother dances like that too! (oh, I am so busted now).

I can't even type this comment because I am lauging so much...

MLasch said...

O.K. so I guess I'm some kinda white girl, cause I never heard of "lean like a cholo". Very funny. I love the line about painting on your eyebrows!!!!

Norma said...

Okay Michelle next party Rudy & I get invited to in San Pedro your going with us.Ha! You will be Leaning like a Chola for sure at the end of the night. and I'm sure we can find a hand full of cholas to paint on your eyebrows! Eck!

Will said...

that is hilarious.

hey, i did the elbow dance back in the day, and I wasnt even a cholo.