Thursday, February 08, 2007

Facing the Giants

My wife and I have decided to change our movie viewing habits - mostly that means we have decided to only view movies that are more glorifying to God. I initially thought, great, no more good movies.. only PG13 and under... nothing good is available with a rating that low... boy was I surprised!


SEE IT - BUY IT.

I watched this movie on the recomendation of a friend - who knows I am NOT a sports person - but knows that my heart is deeply moved, when I see God's spirit move upon the life of an individual. I also am moved to tears when people choose to follow Jesus for the first time. Let's just say that this movie moved me more than once!

This movie is so inspiring to me for numerous reasons. Check out the clip, then read the rest of this post.





This movie was made by a Georgia church with a $100,000 budget and an ALL VOLUNTEER cast. The reason this movie was made... as they say in the additional DVD stuff... because the church BELIEVES they can make a difference for Christ from their church in Georgia.



The writer/director went to his pastor and said that he wanted to make christian movies and the pastor supported his desire. Gave him funding and promoted the making of the movie to the congregation.



The movie is inspiring as it shows what God can do in a person's life if they surrender Lord-ship to Him. (I often wonder why people won't do this right away - before hardship strikes... but I digress) and live life 'for the glory of God'. The movie is also inspiring to see what a single church can do if they submit to God and place God first in all they do...



My new favorite saying is, "What's impossible with God... Nothing coach".

No comments: